Top 5 List
On your next visit to Colonial Dorchester
, make sure you print and take along this list of the five things you must do at the park
1. See part of a log wharf visible at low tide on the Ashley River that was once used as a highway for a trading town.
2. Take a self-guided rare look at a remarkably preserved past and tour the site of a former village.
3. Explore the historic cemetery and the intact remains of the old brick bell tower of St. George's Anglican Church.
4. See the fort, built in 1757, made of oyster-shell concrete called tabby, the best-preserved tabby fortification in the country.
5. View an archaeological treasure where visitors can watch as archaeologists unearth the settlement's history.