Top 5 List
On your next visit to Charles Towne Landing, make sure you print and take along this list of the five things you must do at the park.
1. Visit the interactive museum in the Visitors Center, and then walk the self-guided history trail, using the audio tour as your guide.
2. Attend a cannon firing program, feel the earth shake and hear cannons boom. Meet living history demonstrators in period costume and learn about the threats that faced the first Charles Towne residents.
3. Visit the wharf area where English settlers landed in 1670. See the Adventure, Charleston's only 17th-century replica ship, called a trading ketch.
4. Visit the Animal Forest that is home to animal species that were indigenous to Carolina at the time of the settlement such as bison, black bear, puma, elk, otters and more.
5. Bring a bicycle and explore through the garden/nature trail. The park provides six miles of trails along the marsh or through 80-acres of English park-style gardens.