Top 5 List
On your next visit to Givhans Ferry State Park
, make sure you print and take along this list of the five things you must do at the park
1. Picnic along the Edisto River.
2. Bring a book and sit on the back porch of the historic Community Building and read while watching the river flow by.
3. Dip your toes in or float the Edisto River, the longest, free-flowing blackwater river in North America.
4. Absorb the history of the park, from the limestone river bluff to its Civilian Conservation Corps beginnings.
5. Walk the River Bluff Trail and view the river, or hike the Old Loop Trail and explore the various plant and animal habitats.